DIY Car Voltage Stabilizer (PIVOT RAIZIN VS-1) and Grounding Cable (HKS Mega Thick 8GA 5-Point) Installation
Recently I has made some purchases from Max Audio, the one of the biggest online automotive store in Malaysia. I bought 2 items, that is car voltage stabilizer, Pivot Raizin VS-1 for RM145 and Grounding cable HKS Mega Thick 8GA 5-Point for RM65.
Based on the Pivot Raizin VS-1 description written on the packaging label, the product able to improve car performance, save vehicle fuel and enhance the electronic parts in the vehicle when together use with grounding cables. The Pivot Raizin VS-1 stabilizes the voltage supply and reduce electrical noise from the car circuitry.
Honestly, I don’t expect anything (performance upgrade) from this product as what it has claimed on the packaging description. As long as my car circuitry has proper grounding and the circuit connection are still working in optimum level, there is no reason for user to install this device into their vehicle. Trust me, I am Electronic & Electrical student
This product would be useful for those who have older car, that is more than 8-10 years where the car already have bad circuitry connection, then this voltage stabilizer and grounding cables are able to improve the old car circuitry connection and improve the car performance.
The Pivot Raizin VS-1 come with instruction sheet which guide me step by step how to DIY to install the product into the car:
By the way, since my car is still consider new car(my Toyota Vios is only 3-4 years old from the day it manufactured), you must be wondering why I still buying these products since the products are not going to give me any performance upgrade to my car.
The reason I bought this Pivot Raizin VS-1 and HKS Mega Thick 8GA 5-Point for the exterior outlook only
It’s looks cool when you open your car engine bay and saw the cool blue gadget with colorful cables surrounding the engine.
Don’t you think so?
Now, let’s move to the DIY installation section:
DIY Voltage Stabilizer Pivot Raizin VS-1 Installation to the Car Battery
The voltage stabilizer Pivot Raizin VS-1 circuitry is very simple, the part is only consist the 4 main components which is the capacitor and some other resistors, inductor and LED as indicator.
- The 1st step of the installation is to affix acrylic strong double sided tape on the back case of the Pivot Raizin VS-1.
- Open the car engine bay and locate the right place to install the voltage stabilizer Pivot Raizin VS-1.
**Caution: Try to install the voltage stabilizer at the location where water unlikely to sip in into the device. This Pivot Raizin VS-1 case is not fully waterproof. There is a small gap at the negative terminal.
**The instruction sheet has proposed to the user to install the cable terminals facing downward so that the water would be less likely to sip into the circuit.
- Clean the surface where you would affix the Pivot Raizin VS-1 onto it. Ensure the voltage stabilizer cable terminal able to connect to the car battery terminal without overstretching the cables. For me, I affix my voltage stabilizer on the top of the fuse box with the terminal facing inward to the car body.
- The voltage stabilizer Pivot Raizin VS-1 red terminal is connected to the positive terminal while the black terminal is connected to the negative terminal of the battery. Unscrew both of the battery terminal connectors and connect the Pivot cables then tighten back the screw as diagram below.
- The beautiful blue LED of Pivot Raizin VS-1 will light up if you make the right connection.
We are done with the installation voltage stabilizer Pivot Raizin VS-1 to the car battery
- Next, we going to install the grounding cables in the engine bay. These installation steps take much longer time as I having difficulty to find the right points to connect the cables to the certain location, moreover some of the point are difficult to perform the grounding cables installation.
Grounding Cable (HKS Mega Thick 8GA 5-Point) Installation
- The grounding cable packaging come with 4 set of screws and nuts, 5 cables and negative terminal connector extender. Without hesitate, let’s install the negative terminal connector extender.
- The HKS Mega Thick 8GA 5-points grounding cable come with 5 different length of cables.
- The 5 points that are recommended to connect the ground cable is from the Pivot Raizin:
i) Car Bulk head – This will improve your car electronic system; ICE and ECU
ii) Car Body – Stabilized electronic system such as ICE and better headlamp brightness
iii) Engine Cylinder Block – This will improve firing system from the spark plug; give better performance
iv) Alternator – Increased stability of of electricity
v) Distributor/Starter – Improve engine starting and plug firing; better performance
- Now let’s install the grounding cable into the car. The first point would install at Toyota Vios Bulk Head point. Choose the appropriate cable length that fit the length of the cable connection.
- Then connect the next cable to the the car body. This is the 1st way connection to the negative terminal way. There are 2 more to go. Use cable ties to tie the cable, the cable tie will prevent the grounding cable from moving around and prevent it melting in case the cable accidentally touched the hot part.
- The 2nd connection would be from the negative terminal battery to the engine cylinder. In order to reach the the screwing part, I have to remove the engine cover. The engine cover can be remove by unscrew the 4 screws.
- The next cable connect to the alternator. Secure the cable with cable tie and put back the engine cover and screw back the 4 screws.
- The 3rd connection would be connected from the negative terminal car battery to the car’s distributor or starter of the car. Secure the grounding cable with cable tie after the cable is connected as below diagram.
- Ensure those grounding cables and screws and nuts are fully tightened. And we are done
Thanks for reading this DIY article and I hope you guys enjoy it. Do let me know if you are having problem locate those installation point of the grounding cable, ask me at the bottom of the comments section. I am ready to help you.
If you find this post is interested, please help to share to your buddies and don’t give us a ‘Like’