DIY Car Voltage Stabilizer (PIVOT RAIZIN VS-1) and Grounding Cable (HKS Mega Thick 8GA 5-Point) Installation
Recently I made a purchase from Max Audio, one of the biggest automotive online store in Malaysia. I bought 2 items, which is car voltage stabilizer, Pivot Raizin VS-1 for RM145 and Grounding cable HKS Mega Thick 8GA 5-Point for RM65. Based on the Pivot Raizin VS-1 description, this product able to improve car performance, save petrol and enhance electronic parts in the car when together use with grounding cable. The Pivot Raizin VS-1 stabilizes the voltage supply and reduce electrical noise from the car circuitry.
Honestly, I don’t expect much from this product as what it has claimed on the description. As long as your car circuitry has proper grounding and the connection are still working in optimum level, there is no reason for user to install this device to their vehicle. It wouldn’t serve any purpose. This product would be useful for those who have older car, that is more than 8-10 years where the car already have bad circuitry connection, then this voltage stabilizer and grounding cable able to improve the old car circuitry and improve the car performance.
The Pivot Raizin VS-1 come with instruction sheet which guide me step by step how to DIY to install the product into the car:
The main reason I bought this Pivot Raizin VS-1 and HKS Mega Thick 8GA 5-Point for the outlook only.
It’s looks cool when you open your car engine bay and saw the cool blue gadget with colorful cables surrounding the engine.
Don’t you think so?
DIY Voltage Stabilizer Pivot Raizin VS-1 Installation to the Car Battery
The voltage stabilizer Pivot Raizin VS-1 circuit seem very simple, it is only consist the 4 main components which is the capacitor and some other resistors, inductor and LED as indicator.
- The 1st step is to affix acrylic strong double sided tape on the back case of the Pivot Raizin VS-1.
- Open the car engine bay and locate the right place to install the voltage stabilizer Pivot Raizin VS-1.
**Caution: Try to install the voltage stabilizer at location where water unlikely to sip in to that location. This Pivot Raizin VS-1 case is not fully waterproof.
**The instruction sheet has proposed to the user to install the cable terminals facing downward so that the water would be less likely to sip into the circuit.
- Clean the surface where you would affix the Pivot Raizin VS-1 on it. Ensure the voltage stabilizer cable terminal able to reach the car battery terminal without overstretching the cables. For me, I affix my voltage stabilizer on the top of the fuse box with the terminal facing inward to the car body.
- The voltage stabilizer Pivot Raizin VS-1 red terminal is connected to the positive terminal while the black terminal is connected to the negative terminal of the battery. Unscrew the screw on the battery terminal and connect the cable the tighten back the screw.
- The beautiful blue LED of Pivot Raizin VS-1 will light up if you make the right connection.
We are done with the installation voltage stabilizer Pivot Raizin VS-1 to the car battery
Next, we going to install the grounding cables in the engine bay. This take much longer time as I having difficulty to find the right points to connect the cables to the certain location, moreover some of the point difficult to perform the installation.
Grounding Cable (HKS Mega Thick 8GA 5-Point) Installation
- The grounding cable packaging come with 4 set of screws and nuts, 5 cables and negative terminal connector extender. Without hesitate, let’s install the negative terminal connector extender.
- The HKS Mega Thick 8GA 5-points grounding cable come with 5 different length of cables.
- The 5 points that are recommended to connect the ground cable is from the Pivot Raizin:
i) Car Bulk head – This will improve your car electronic system; ICE and ECU
ii) Car Body – Stabilized electronic system such as ICE and better headlamp brightness
iii) Engine Cylinder Block – This will improve firing system from the spark plug; give better performance
iv) Alternator – Increased stability of of electricity
v) Distributor/Starter – Improve engine starting and plug firing; better performance
- Now let’s put the grounding cable into the car. The first point would install at Toyota Vios Bulk Head point. Choose the appropriate cable length that fit the length of the cable connection.
- Then connect the next cable to the the car body. This is the 1st way connection to the negative terminal way. There are 2 more to go. Use cable ties to tie the cable, prevent it from moving around and prevent it melting in case the cable accidentally touched the hot part.
- The 2nd connection would be from the negative terminal battery to the engine cylinder. In order to reach the the screwing part, I have to remove the engine cover. The engine cover can be remove by unscrew the 4 screws.
- The next cable connect to the alternator. Secure the cable with cable tie and put back the engine cover and screw back the 4 screws.
- The 3rd connection from the negative terminal car battery would be to the distributor or starter of the car. Secure the grounding cable with cable tie.
- Ensure those grounding cables and screws and nuts are fully tighten and we are done
Thanks for reading this DIY article and I hope you enjoy it. Do let me know if you are having problem locate those installation point of the grounding cable, I am ready to help you.
If you find this post is interested, please help to share to your buddies. I am sure they need it
Follow these topics: DIY & Car Care Tips