Do It Yourself (DIY) Replacing Cabin Air Filter in Toyota Vios
The purpose of cabin air filter is to filter out the dust, pollen, fine sands and other fine particles from outside air before allow it to go in into the cabin of the car. The cabin air filter come with static charge applied to the filter acts like a magnet removing fine particles, dust, pollen, and mold spores from the incoming air. This will ensure the driver and passengers have clean and healthy air to breath.
There are 2 types of cabin air filter available in the market. The first one is the normal cabin air filter and the 2nd is the cabin carbon air filter. Both of these filters provide similar filtering fine particles function but carbon air filter provide extra filtration which normal cabin air filter don’t have.
Cabin Carbon Air Filter able to remove a long list of airborne chemicals, including alcohols, organic acids, aldehydes, chlorinated hydrocarbons, ethers, esters, ketones, halogens, sulfur dioxide, sulfuric acid, and phosgene, among many others. It also removes odours, whether they be from humans or animals as well as cigarette smoke.
This simple yet important piece of pleated-paper air filter will be eventually clogged with fine particles and dust which eventually reduce the efficiency of the air conditioner. Your car then required much more horsepower to run the air-conditional system to achieve your desire temperature in the cabin.
Contaminated cabin air filter may also have less efficiency on filtering the dirty air, thus the air after go the the filtering may not as clean as it used to be. Automotive manufacturer recommended we should replacing the cabin air filter every 30,000KM. Replacing cabin filter was easy and it take me only 10 minutes for the perform the replacement.
For most cars, the cabin air filter is located behind the glove compartment. There is no exception for my Toyota Vios.
Below is the step by step procedure to replace the cabin air filter:
- Remove the glove compartment in the car:
- Then you will see the location of the cabin air filter cover:
- Pull off the cap of the cabin air filter cover through the 2 catch points at both the left and right corners:
- Then you should be able to see the car cabin air filter. Proceed to remove the cabin air filter. Now you will be see how dirty your cabin air filter is.
- Replaced with the new and clean air filter. Do ensure you put the air filter in the correct position. There is an arrow which serves as a guideline for us to refer to as below diagram:
- The arrow indicates the cabin air filter is to be fitted in that upward position.
6. Once the air filter is fitted into the compartment, close the cover and put back the glove compartment.
You are done. Now you can sit back and breath the clean and fresh air inside your car.
Please give us a thumb up at below button if you think this DIY guides helped you