My Toyota Vios’s fog light that I have being using for more than 4 years found to have cracked lines on the glass due to the prolonged usage and high heat intensity produced from HID bulbs previously.
Now you may wondering how can these OEM Toyota Vios’s fog light get damage in 4 years duration? My Toyota Vios is ‘J’ spec that wasn’t come with fog light feature.
I bought this aftermarket Toyota Vios’s fog light, made from Taiwan at auto accessories shop. The finishing and quality of the product wasn’t great and don’t last as long as OEM products. Not only that, previously I had equipped the fog light with HID bulb, and the intense heat produced from the HID bulb caused the glass to broken.
Currently, I am going to DIY to replace the broken Toyota Vios’s fog light. I’ve bought a set of Toyota Vios Fog Light from lelong.com.my with that cost me RM145:
Next, we are going to dissemble the Toyota Vios front bumper in order to replace the Toyota Vios’s fog light.
Step by step to dissemble the Toyota Vios Front Bumper and replace the fog light
- Remove the screws from both side of the Toyota Vios fender. We had difficulty to access to the screws part due to tire is blocking the clearance, hence we need to align the tire to the right position to get the clearance of the screwing point as below image:
- The next step is open the car hood, and remove the pins at the top of the front bumper. For my case, I lost my pins, that why I am using cable ties to secure my front bumper to the car body. I need to cut the cable ties out:
- Once the cable ties have being removed, slightly pull down the Toyota Vios front bumper:
- Now we have the clearance and able access to the Toyota Vios fog light:
- Remove the H11 connector from the Toyota Vios fog light bulb socket. Then unscrew the 3 screws fog light:
- Then remove out the fog light:
See the old and new Toyota Vios fog lights at below image:
- Next, we install the new Toyota Vios fog light on the front bumper. Attached the fog light on the front bumper and screw the 3 points:
- Connect the H11 connector to the bulb socket and we are done on the left side of the DIY Toyota Vios fog light replacement.
Repeat the same steps for the right side, fog light replacement activity.
- Once we are done the fog light replacement at the right side, we attached back the Toyota Vios front bumper to the car body and screw back to the chassis. Since I lost my pins for the top side of the front bumper, I shall use new cable ties to attached back my Toyota Vios front bumper to the chassis:
We have done the DIY Toyota Vios fog light replacement. Now my Toyota Vios fog light shine like a new lamp:
Let us know if you have query on this DIY project, and don’t forget to give us a ‘Like’ at bottom of the post 🙂