I found out my 4 years old Toyota Vios air conditioner vents produced some bad smell. Just few months back, I had my cabin air filter replaced but the bad smell is still there every time I turned ON the car air conditioner.
Since replacing the cabin air filter is not helping, then root cause of the bad smell should be came from the car’s air vents. The mold and bacteria have grown up in the car’s air vents, thus produce the bad smell in the car air conditioner vents when I turned ON the car air conditioner. Disinfectant spray such as Lysol can helps us to resolve this problem.
I had bought the Lysol from ACE store, in Queensbaymall with RM35.90. Now let’s kill the molds and bacteria using Lysol, the disinfection spray.
Step by step How to DIY Fix Bad Smell in Car Air Conditioner Vents with Lysol
- Switch ON the car engine, turn ON the air conditioner in the car and allow the air flow from outside by twisting the air flow setting to the left knob, as below image:
- Put the air flow in full blast and turn up all the air vents:
- Wind down all the car windows:
- Identified the inlet air flow by putting palm on it, the air flow can be feel from the outside air vents that are sucking into air inlet.
- Prepare the Lysol Disinfection Spray by rough shaking for about 1 minutes and then spray into the air flow inlet for about 2-3 minutes. Spray the Lysol evenly to the air flow inlet to assure the inlet are fully disinfected:
- Let the car air conditioner run in full blast for at least 15 minutes to fully disinfect the air conditioner vents and let the strong Lysol scent out from the car too.
We are done! Now the Toyota Vios air conditioner vents are disinfected with Lysol and the air vents no more produce bad smell. I can pick up my friends and family in my car with confident again 🙂
Don’t forget to give us a ‘Like’ at bottom of the post 🙂