DIY Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap on Toyota Vios Interior Trim using Hair Dryer
We always see people wrap their vehicle body or vehicle parts with carbon fiber vinyl and they think it looks cool. Indeed, even myself think this is cool! LMAO, in Malaysia we called this ‘syok sendiri’. Those who don’t understand the meaning, you can ask uncle ‘Google’
I have wrapped some parts of my Toyota Vios interior trim with carbon fiber vinyl before this part too. Since there are still a lot rooms to continue, I decided to continue my left over task. I bought a roll of carbon fiber vinyl that cost me RM20 at On Cost 99 Accessories Shop, Bukit Mertajam .
Tools that we need to DIY wrap carbon fiber vinyl interior trim:
- Carbon Fiber Vinyl sheet
- Hair Dryer
This is my original dull and plain Toyota Vios dashboard:
1. First step: take off the Toyota Vios dashboard parts that are going to be wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl and clean off any contamination on it with damp cloth. Dirty interior trim will not affix properly with the vinyl.
2. Cut the carbon fiber vinyl according to the interior trim size with at least a half inch excess on each side of what you want to wrap.
3. Begin to wrap from the flat surface of the interior trim then slowly move to the corner of the part. The adhesive is lasting, and can be pulled off and reapplied rather easily if you mess up. Ensure that there is no air bubble on interior trim, else it will create wrinkles and look ‘cheap’ too
4. To wrap the corner of the part, you will need a hair dryer. Start to trim around the corner edge of the parts using hair dryer. The carbon fiber vinyl responds very well to heat.
5. Heat the vinyl with hair dryer at the corner of the interior trim.
6. Wrap the interior trim with the carbon fiber vinyl until the vinyl is fully held on the parts. This process took me 2 to 3 hours to get the wrapping job completed.
7. Install back the Toyota Vios interior trim on to the dashboard.
Ta da! We are done! Now sit back your car enjoy your hard work and get some pretty chicks to sit in your car
Here is the video of overall in the Toyota Vios dashboard. Put in HD mode for better detailing video
See how I modified my Toyota Vios too!
Follow these topics: DIY Car Care