Some people wrap their vehicle body or vehicle parts with carbon fiber vinyl to enhances the outlook of the vehicle, so did I.
I had wrapped some parts of my Toyota Vios interior and exterior with carbon fiber vinyls before I did this and since there are still a lot parts that I can wrap, I decided to DIY carbon fiber vinyl wrap on panel dashboard in my car.
The roll of carbon fiber vinyl sheet that cost me RM20 at On Cost 99 Accessories Shop, Bukit Mertajam:
Tools that we required to DIY wrap carbon fiber vinyl interior trim:
- Carbon Fiber Vinyl sheet
- A Hair Dryer
This is the photo of the original dull and plain Toyota Vios J dashboard:
Step by step to DIY Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap on Toyota Vios Interior Trim using Hair Dryer
1. Remove the Toyota Vios dashboard parts that are going to be wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl and clean off any contamination on it with damp cloth.
The vinyl won’t affix propoerly on the Dirty interior trim.
2. Cut the carbon fiber vinyl according to the interior trim fixtures with at least a half inch excess on each side of what we going to wrap.
3. Begin to wrap from the flat surface of the interior trim then slowly move the warping to the corner of the part. The adhesive is lasting, and can be pulled off and reapplied rather easily if accidentally mess up. Ensure that there is no air bubble on interior trim, else it will create wrinkles and looks ‘cheap’ too
4. To wrap the corner of the part, we will need a hair dryer. The heat from hair dryer will loosen up the adhesive on the carbon vinyl paper.
Now, start to trim around the corner edge of the parts using hair dryer. The carbon fiber vinyl responds very well to heat.
5. Heat the vinyl with hair dryer at the corner of the interior trim.
6. Wrap the interior trim with the carbon fiber vinyl until the vinyl is fully held on the parts. This process took me 2 to 3 hours to get the wrapping job completed.
7. Install back the Toyota Vios interior trim on to the dashboard.
Ta da! We are done!
Below is the video of overall in the Toyota Vios dashboard. Remember to put in HD mode for better detailing video
Some other Toyota Vios parts that wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl:
Don’t forget to give us a thumb up at the bottom