Converting Toyota Vios Fog Lamps From HID to LED Bulbs
I’ve decided to convert the Toyota Vios fog lamps HID 5000K to LED bulbs after 3 years due the bad reliability of the HID ballast . I’ve ordered the H11, LED bulbs from lelong.com.my that cost me RM141.00.
Now, let’s us get into the DIY procedure.
Installation procedures for Toyota Vios Fog lamps with H11 Bulbs
1. Remove 2 screws at the Toyota Vios side of front bumper and 4 screw at bottom.
2. Remove 4 pin bumper clips at the top of Toyota Vios front bumper.
3. Loosen the Toyota Vios front bumper from the car’s chassis:
4. Remove the HID ballast and the bulbs at the Toyota Vios fog lamps.
5. Prepare to install the LED bulbs into the fog lamps.
Before we proceed for the installation, sealed up the LED bulbs with silicon glue to prevent moisture of water from sip in to the bulbs.
6. Wipe off the excess sealant on the H11 LED bulbs.
7. Modified the H11 bulbs male connector since I am using the existing HID connector. Cut off the center point of the connectors that blocking the female connector from connecting it with cutter. Be careful as I hurt-ed my finger during the cutting process.
8. Once the modification of the LED bulbs connector is completed, then I proceed to connect the LED bulbs to the female connector and tested the bulbs connectivity by switch ON the fog lamps.
9. Assemble the LED bulbs into fog lamps housing and put back the Toyota Vios front bumper.
Toyota Vios LED fog lamps installation is completed!
The reason I am choose LED bulbs over of normal halogen bulbs due to LED bulbs are more reliable and brighter than halogen bulbs. The whole process took me around 3 hours to complete the installation.
Don’t forget to give us a ‘Like’ at bottom of the post 🙂